I was wondering what would be a fair price for a pair of 811 horns in "good" condition?
Is $185 right or what?
Thanks,
-chris
I was wondering what would be a fair price for a pair of 811 horns in "good" condition?
Is $185 right or what?
Thanks,
-chris
"greenies" can and do fetch over 200 for nice clean pairs, 100 a pair is middle of the road for average black ones, and if you want to do 811's on the cheap gold and/or black singles bring 25-35 each. These are your average "as seen on ebay" prices, not including fluff and shipping.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Hmmm...
OK, well i Have guy who offered me a set for $85+ my wokring Eico st-40, granted it is not a Fisher or anything, But there is very little hum and it is in great shape.
The horns he has are the balck ones......
Why are the green ones more $$$, only cuase of the color , or the material they are made of? Better quality?
He also has a pair of N801-8a crossovers, he told me a price of 370 for all, xo's and horns, I am just looking for the horns ATM.......
I am talking to some others about horns right now as well.......but they are just a couple miles further away....
Thanks bowtie.....
-chris
I think the green ones are earlier. Plus the green paint has a classic Altec look that would be a lot harder to reproduce than the black.... hence the higher price for nice ones.
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
185 for horns and drivers...yeah, thats a good deal, and color is only a collector thing, non functional. but there is a good reason we all want the green hostboard back, or better yet...hammertone hostboard
"those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928
Bookmarks